Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) is an advanced recruiting model for companies that aren’t willing to accept the slow pace and low-quality, unqualified hires provided by many traditional staffing firms. Rather than the placement-only, one-and-done transactions of standard direct-to-hire recruiting models, an RPO is a longer-term partnership that takes care of everything, from setting up back-end processes like an Applicant Tracking System, to three-month check-ins. An RPO gives you the recruiting capabilities of the internal recruiting teams at Fortune 500s, at a fraction of what it would cost you to do it all yourself.
When you’re building a software product, you often reach a point where you need to hire software engineers regularly over the course of several months or even years. Scale is hatch I.T.’s RPO model personalized to startups at this stage of growth.
Scale helps you grow your engineering team just like having a team of internal recruiters, but without the cost and commitment. You can increase or decrease the number of candidates we send each week. If your team experiences rapid growth and needs to fill several of roles immediately, we can instantly increase the number of candidates we send. Once those roles are filled, you can instantly reduce the number of candidates we send back down.
High growth software startups have a unique set of needs compared to more established companies.
- You typically don’t have a robust system for recruiting and onboarding employees yet, such as an ATS and candidate database.
- You face uncertainty about budgeting, when you’ll get your next round of funding, and how much it’ll be.
- You have to get a lot more done, with a much smaller budget.
- The choices you make and the people you hire will grow to define the company culture and product.
- You have limited time, and employees are pulled in multiple directions, unable to specialize.
- You often need to hire multiple candidates very quickly, and then sometimes might not need candidates for quite a while.
Scale solves these problems by taking care of all the backend work, so you can focus on running the show. Scale makes costs predictable and affordable, so you’re not explaining to your board why you unexpectedly spent 230,000 dollars to hire 3 engineers. By staying by your side and checking in weekly, we’re able to home in on culture-fit in a way that other recruiting options can’t.
Scale is more than just a recruiting model. Yes, you get a continuous pipeline of pre-vetted, quality candidates, but you also get much more: advanced market analytics and market feedback, backend processes, constant brand marketing, talent assessments, employee check-ins, community and event marketing, active community engagement, salary insights, and retention analytics, to name a few.
You’ll get candidates, an applicant tracking system, backend processes, job descriptions, and anything else you need. Once the relationship is over, you get to keep everything.
Scale is one of our most popular services, but unfortunately, we can’t offer it to everyone. Scale is for high-growth startups with innovative, impactful products. We’ve designed it for startups between 10 and 75 employees, with at least 25 percent of their workforce dedicated to product and engineering roles, that expect to hire at least 2 product engineers a month for several months or more. If you already have an internal recruiting team, or if you don’t plan to grow your team, Scale isn’t right for you.
hatch I.T. is tapped into the local startup and software engineering community, and we’re very data-driven. We’ll be able to let you know what salaries candidates will be looking for, what the community thinks of your company and product, and even where to locate your next satellite office. With the data we provide, you’ll be able to make key decisions about salary offers, benefits, technology, and marketing.
There are 3 key ways we market you to the local community.
- Our recruiters are marketing you every time we reach out to a potential candidate. Candidates consistently tell us that we’re the best recruiters they’ve spoken with. They chose our partner companies in part because of their experience with us. Many recruiters spam candidates with irrelevant posts and try to hide important information, like who they’re recruiting for. We never send spam, and we never hide the info candidates need. Instead, we tell them about your product and company culture.
- We’re launching a community-centric tool, hatchpad, that software engineers, tech enthusiasts, and news channels use to find information about startups, tech events, and insights. We feature startups, products, and tech leadership teams.
- We partner with tech meetups, speakers, and event hosts throughout the DMV region to organize some of the area’s most popular events for software engineers. Our partners are able to present their products in front of hundreds of software engineers in the region.
“I really appreciate everything you’ve done. That was by far the best recruiting experience I’ve had. I will proudly wear your brand, and wish you and Hatch nothing but the best going forward!” – Dan, Gravy Analytics
“Working with your team has been great. I’ve worked with several other teams over my career, but yours is really great. I never felt like a number, and you guys were very responsive. I hope I don’t have to look for another job for a while, but if any of my engineering friends decide to look for a change, I’ll definitely refer you to them!” – Michael, Gravy Analytics